Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hadouken: NOT that Final Fantasy Character...

These guys are (as far as I know) an unsigned band out of the UK. I've been intrigued with them ever since I heard "That Boy, That Girl" via some promo email links I got a month or so back. Their video is great, fun, low buck but perfect for the music.

I caught up with their official blog and they seem to be stirring a debate about whether they fit in the "Grime" category. James, the lead singer, doesn't consider himself a rapper, grime or otherwise. Just honoring it as influence. [check his comments here.]

I love their energy. They're mixing several different genres and styles to get - what? Indie-industrial-dance-punk-grimey-rap? Hard to say. Feels fresh to me, and hooked the teen kids in my vicinity right away. Especially the "Bono Must Die" t-shirt the guitarist is wearing. :-)




Technorati Profile

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.